This tasty and nutritious vegan brownie slice uses our Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix with the the sneaky addition of wholesome black beans!
Beans and chocolate you ask? It does sound a little strange, but the flavour of the beans blends right in (the kids won't even notice!) and they provide a healthy dose of fibre and protein - something not too many brownies can claim.
These brownies have all the delicious taste and texture of a normal brownie with the added benefit of being vegan and a good source of essential vitamins and minerals.
This sneaky vegan brown slice is an energy boosting, nutrient rich snack that offers a whole lot more than your traditional style brownie!
Prep Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30-40 minutes
Servings: 25-30 slices
- 1 packet of Funch Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix
- 2 x tinned black beans
- 150g honey (melted)
- 80g coconut oil (melted)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 120g dark choc chips (melted)
- Pre-heat oven to 160C (fan forced)
- Grease and line a slice tin
- Strain liquid from black beans and blend with stick blender until smooth
- Add Funch Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix, honey, coconut oil, chocolate, baking powder to the black beans and stir well to combine.
- Pour mix into tin and spread evenly.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes. Slice will be soft when you take it out, but will firm up on cooling.
If the black beans are hard to blend, add the melted coconut oil and honey to the blender to make it easier.
The Choccy Chia vegan sneaky brownie slice is a nut free recipe so can be added to kids lunch boxes!
To store: keep the slices in an airtight container in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for up to a month.