These wholesome protein balls are everything you need for the ultimate health packed on-the-go snack. Combining our mouth watering Vanilla and Coconut Protien Ball Mix with vitamin rich ingredients like apricots, these bite sized dairy and gluten free treats are so quick and easy to make, even the little ones can help out! Have we mentioned the flavour yet? Because oh my! Who knew health could taste so good with such a creamy yet chewy texture and a delicious zing from the apricot, the flavours within these delectable energy bites complement eachother perfectly. Created by nutritionist Renae from @the_wholefood_nutritionist, we can guarantee they won’t last long in your fridge!
- 1 packet Vanilla & Coconut Protein Ball Mix
- 1 cup apricots
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1-2 tablespoons honey or rice malt syrup, melted (optional)
- Soak apricots in hot (boiled) water for 10-20 minutes then drain and mash with fork or food processor
- Thoroughly mix vanilla & coconut protein ball mix, coconut oil and apricots
- Add your choice of honey or rice malt syrup if you find the taste a little tart
- Gradually add 1-3 tbs water until your mixture is at a consistency that you prefer. The more water you add the softer the balls
- Using hands, roll mixture portion (approx 1 tablespoon) into tight balls
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes before consuming
- Once rolled, store in an airtight container in fridge for up to 10 days. Also suitable to freeze for up to 3 months
Share you creation with us on Instagram! Tag us @funchfood.