After a day of dashing through the snow, enjoy a delicious festive cookie! We are dreaming of a white Christmas if you couldn't tell...
To make our spirits bright, we have jingled all the way to the kitchen to create this festive twist on our Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix. Turning the mix into a double choc cookie, that Santa himself wouldn't mind finding on Christmas Eve! Half-dipped in white chocolate, because the more the merrier. And sprinkled with candy canes, because what is Christmas without candy canes! This can be a fun recipe to do with the little ones in the kitchen, and they taste sooooooo yummy. Be sure to tag us @funchfood to show us your creations 😉
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Baking Time: 10-15 minutes
Serves: 12-15 cookies
Double Choc Candy Cane Cookies
- 1 packet FUNCH Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix
- 1 cup pitted dates
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegan choc chips
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 100g white (vegan) chocolate
- 2 Candy Canes
- Preheat oven to 180ºC.
- Pour dates, coconut oil and water into a medium bowl and put in the microwave on 30 second blasts until coconut oil has melted.
- In a large bowl pour the FUNCH Choccy Chia Snack Ball Mix and make a well with your hands, then pour in the melted ingredients and mash with a fork until the dates become a paste.
- Then using your hands, mix the diy mix fully with the wet ingredients.
- Once combined, add the baking soda and mix again with hands.
- When that has combined add in the vegan choc chips and mix again.
- Roll heaped tablespoonfuls of mixture into balls, then place on a lined oven tray and press down to flatten.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean. Then let sit until cooled.
- While the cookies cool down, melt the white chocolate in the microwave or on the stove and crush or chop up the candy canes finely.
- Once the cookies have cooled down, dip half of the cookie in the white chocolate.
- Sprinkle on crushed candy canes.
- Refrigerate until chocolate has set and enjoy!
They taste delicious when dunked into your hot coco!
Can also be made non-vegan.
Swap out the DIY Mix for any of our 6 DIY Mixes.