Looking for a quick and easy dinner to make that the whole family will enjoy? Why not try this super delicious Walnut Oil Pesto Pasta recipe that uses our Walnut Oil with added DHA to give the meal delicious flavour with an omega-3 boost! The pesto is made in the same time it takes to boil your pasta and won't stay on plates for long!
- 60g Pine Nuts
- 40g Fresh Basil (about 2 bunches), leaves and stems
- 2 Garlic Cloves, peeled
- Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 1/4 cup Funch Walnut Oil with DHA (our Macadamia Oil will also be just as yummy!)
- 400g Pasta, choose your shape and type!
- Salt and Pepper
- Place pine nuts into a dry frying pan over medium heat to toast for around 3-5 minutes, moving the pine nuts occasionally to avoid them burning.
- In a food processor, add pine nuts, basil, garlic, lemon juice and salt and pepper and pulse until broken down.
- Keep food processor running very slowly and pour in oil until the pesto comes together but still has texture to it.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta as per packet instructions. Once cooked, drain pasta but keep ¼ cup of the pasta water.
- Return cooked pasta to pan and mix in the pesto. Add a splash of the pasta water to encourage the pesto to stick to the pasta and make it creamy. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve straight away! Add some grated parmesan or chopped walnuts, or an extra drizzle of Funch Edible Oils!
Made this recipe? Take a pic and share your creation with us on Instagram @funchfood #funch